Sunday, February 27, 2022

Which is better: a job or a business?

 A few years ago, when I started my career as a self-employed individual, my income for the first few months was close to none.

On the other hand, my friends were already employed and were making INR 20–30k per month while the toppers were making somewhere around INR 60K-80K per month.

After about a month or two, I started making the same amount of money as my friends were.

Today I am at a point where I some days make in a day what my employed friends make in in a month.




Slowly and steadily my income kept growing because my earnings were not capped by someone, instead my income depended on how much work I put in.

This is the beauty of being a self-employed individual or starting up a business.

However, I would like to point out that it is not as easy to do as it sounds.

Starting a business/ being self-employed is extremely challenging and stressful.

However, if you put in the work and do the right thing then it can be extremely rewarding.

If you want a stable and stress-free lifestyle then the business is not for you.

Why most people choose a job over business:

The initial phase of getting hired at a company feels quite nice, you complete your graduation, there is already a company waiting for you to pay you a salary.

It feels nice to start making some money right after college.

Soon after we completed my graduation, most of my friends were enjoying vacations, travelling as they had already being placed and were waiting for their joining date.

While on the other hand, I was running around the city in scorching heat to find clients.

They had a guarantee that they will be paid for the work they do.

On the other hand, I had no idea if I would be able to make any money this month.

To sum it up in a single line: “It was damn hard”.

Stress and other aspects of life:

Even though I make a ton more money than my classmates, I cant say that their life is shit.

In-fact, many of my friends who work as an employee have much stress free and happier life than mine.

They can relax when they get home, they can afford to have relationships, they don’t have to stress about work when they go to sleep.

But that doesn’t imply that I have a dull and boring life, its just that I enjoy doing things which they wouldn’t.

I love working 14+ Hours a day, rather than relaxing.

I love reading a ton of books rather than watching a TV series.

I love to give up love/relationships for the sake of achieving my long term goals.

I love staying awake, planing things instead of sleeping an extra hour.

Over a period of time, I started to enjoy these things and they have now become a part of my lifestyle.

Is money everything?

No, it's not.

Even though I make decent money, that does not mean I do it solely for the purpose of making money.

I would do all the things mentioned above, even though I was not getting paid for it.

I would do that for free just because I like it.

The money is just a byproduct / a measure of your performance which states how well you are doing.

My final verdict:

Which is better: a job or a business?

It all depends upon what kind of lifestyle you would like.

If you like being a workaholic and wouldn't mind working extra hours and making sacrifices then go for business.

If you want a balanced and happy life and you aren’t concerned about money, then by all means go for a job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home